Financial transactions using a governmental accounting article related to the weekly reading in a recent publication and prepare a PowerPoint presentation.
Questions are on the upload image
Company topic is Starbucks Corp.
Use link for topic and balance sheet
Select one U.S. Multinational Corporation (MNC) that reports its financial statements using U.S. GAAP and a similar foreign company that reports it financial statements under IFRS. How does the company report revenues under each standard. Prepare a comparative Excel spreadsheet that shows how the company’s revenue information would differ if it is presented under U.S. GAAP and under IFRS. Discuss and evaluate the differences in the information reported. Embed your Excel spreadsheet in your paper. Submit copies of these financial statements for reference.
This research paper requires a minimum of two scholarly references: academic journals, professional journals, and/or appropriate authoritative references such as FASB Codification System, COSO, COBIT, Audit Standards, etc.
Be sure to provide specific examples throughout your paper to back up your statements
All research papers are submitted in APA format for sources and citations
You have been appointed as a CEO of a public-listed company which is ANN JOO RESOURCES BERHAD. You are to identify key financial issues regarding its business situation and performance in the last three years with the aim of coming up with findings / recommendations to the Board of Directors. Key issues could refer to profitability, asset efficiency, liquidity, capital structure, and/or market performance.
The report must include horizontal and vertical financial analysis with a summary of relevant ratios in the last three years. Prepare graphs of trends where applicable.
To have a clear view of the business situation, you need to evaluate the ANN JOO RESOURCES BERHAD’s recent past, current performance and future outlook through processing information contained in company annual reports, the company website, analyst reports, and other business media. Where you are using financial data or information from the literature in your argument, cite the document and page number of the source, and these sources must be acknowledged using Harvard referencing
• Suggested format of your report:
o Brief background of the company
o Analysis of the economic, industrial and business environment with an explanation of strategic implications to company. You are required to adopt a minimum of 2 frameworks (PESTLE, SWOT, 5-Forces etc) for the analysis.
o Financial analysis: horizontal, vertical, and ratio analysis. Analysis must include comparisons with industry averages or a competitor.
o Findings and recommendations from the financial analysis.
o Implementation plan for the recommendations above. Any foreseeable hurdles to smooth implementation should be addressed.
o References: A reference list must be attached with the assignment with at least 10 references. Sources of articles obtain from dubious websites (e.g. Wikipedia, blogs, Tutor’s website, Answers.com, UK essays, Slideshare.net) are not recognised as references.
o Appendices: You may include the detail financial statements of the company, or detail explanations of analytical frameworks (SWOT, PESTLE, 5 Forces etc) in this section
COMPLETE the accounting cycle from adjusting entries to post-closing trial balance. Below is the unadjusted trial balance for Walton Anvils as of December 31, 2016, and the data for the adjustments. There is also an Excel Template for this problem that you may download and use (or you may use your own).
Below are the attached
1. template with given entries
2. Requirements to complete
Open T-accounts using the balances in the unadjusted trial balance.
Complete the worksheet for the year ended December 31, 2016.
Prepare the adjusting entries and post to the T-accounts.
Prepare the adjusted trial balance.
Prepare the income statement, the statement of retained earnings, and the classified balance sheet in report form.
Prepare the closing entries and post to the T-accounts.
Prepare a post-closing trial balance.
Calculate the current ratio for the company.
– In this assignment, you are required to do a liquidity analysis of Flight Centre Travel Group Limited (FLT) based on the latest 5-year financial statements. The financial data is available on Morning Star (DatAnalysis) database (screenshots will be provided).nn- For the latest five-year period of your chosen company, assess the company’s liquidity. The table below summarises some of the relevant ratios for each ratio category (table is attached as an image). n- Note: Each ratio does not sit in a vacuum. One ratio interlinks with other ratios of different categories. Therefore, you need to draw in more than 2 ratios in each category to provide substantive reasons and discussions. Industry average and competitors’ data also form a good platform to put your discussion into perspective. For example, a large difference between current ratio and quick ratio can be explained by an inventory build-up.n- This can be confirmed by looking at inventory turnover (in days) which is longer compared to its competitors or the industry average. In that case, it could mean the company has difficulties to attract customers, which can also explain why it provides a longer credit term (receivable turnover ratio in days). n- In some cases, you will need to manually calculate other ratios to provide substantivenreasons and discussions for the trend captured in a published ratio. For example, a steadynincrease in revenue over a five-year period can be explained by a rapid expansion of thencompany. However, revenue per store indicates a negative growth which can be detrimental for the company. This revenue per store is a ratio that is not readily available and will need to be calculated manually, and it is dependent on the availability of the data. Some companies disclose the number of stores(outlets) they have in their annual reports. n- The other companys are Webjet (WEB) and Wotif (WTF) and Hello World (HLO)n- Include the current ratio, acid test and a comparative analysis.n- 2016 Q3 to now 2022 (5 years).n- Marking rubric for liquidity analysis attached.n-APA 7th reference.n- Please let me know if you need other documents, I can provide it for you if you don’t have access to DatAnalysis.n- Add graphs where necessary for the analysis.
Instructions: Please limit your discussion for all the questions, not each question, to no more than 200 words. Answers should be provided in your own words; evidence of plagiarism will attract a score of “0”. Please refer to the university’s policy on Academic Honesty.
Note: There are PowerPoint slides posted under the Files section that provide an excellent summary of the book chapters. These slides can be used along with the eBook found on Cengage to provide answers to the discussion questions below.
1. Johnson Inc. began the year with $157,850 of accounts receivable. During the year, Johnson Inc. sold a considerable amount of merchandise on credit and collected $1,213,500 of its credit sales. At the end of the year, the accounts receivable balance is $8,400 higher than the beginning balance.
Calculate the amount of credit sales during the period (show workings).
2. Why are inventories written down to the lower of cost or net realizable value?
3. Describe how a company determines cost of goods sold.
Dr. David Glabman had always been skeptical about his employees stealing money
from him until he hired Shirley. When his previous receptionist left his practice, Dr.
Glabman and his wife, his office manager at the time, were looking for someone to fill
the position. They found Shirley through a temp agency.
Because of her commitment and hard work, Dr. Glabman decided to hire Shirley as his
new receptionist after only two weeks of observance. Shirley’s main functions as the
receptionist were coding, filing insurance, and recording charges and payments. Mrs.
Glabman occasionally checked Shirley’s work and found no mistakes.
After a few years of working for Dr. Glabman, Shirley was promoted to take over Mrs.
Glabman’s position as office manager. Shirley’s functions expanded to handling
collections, managing contracts, and converting Dr. Glabman’s practice to a new
computer system. Dr. Glabman was very impressed with her devotion to her work. In
fact, Shirley “was so devoted that she never left the office until her work was done, and
rarely took any vacations” (Glabman).
Even though Shirley took over as the new office manager, Mrs. Glabman continued to
check over Shirley’s work for several more weeks. She specifically concentrated on
Shirley’s day sheets. However, when Mrs. Glabman took a four-month fellowship in
another state, Dr. Glabman took over the bookkeeping, “but no one audited the day
sheets [as] Shirley continued to post charges and payments, and prepared the
Mrs. Glabman returned to Dr. Glabman’s practice after a year and decided to check up
on his practice’s finances. She immediately found obvious differences between what
the patients had paid in cash, as recorded in their superbills, and what cash that has
been deposited, as recorded on the deposit slips. Surprised, Mrs. Glabman went into
further investigation by checking the computer records. She found that some of the copayments had been adjusted and some had never been posted. Alarmed by the
discovery, she looked back over the day sheets dating back to when Shirley first
became the office manager. She learned that $5 to $10 weekly would be missing at
first, growing to approximately $200 a week. The estimated loss was about $10,000
over the year.
Distraught at this point, Mrs. Glabman called several of their patients who had paid cash
the previous week and requested them to send copies of their superbills and receipts to
Dr. Glabman’s home. She discovered that even though some of these patients were
billed for two different kinds of services, Shirley would only record one of them and
pocket the difference.
Both Dr. Glabman and Mrs. Glabman were “very disappointed to discover that someone
[they] had trusted had violated [their] confidence” (Glabman).
When Dr. Glabman and his wife hired an attorney to confront Shirley about the ‘missing’
funds, Shirley calmly denied the accusations and claimed that she could not account for
the missing cash. The attorney then terminated Shirley for gross negligence and
ordered her to gather her belongings and leave immediately. Dr. Glabman “met with the
staff and told them [Shirley] wasn’t coming back, apologizing that [he] couldn’t say
more.” (Glabman) He also decided not to report this incident to the police.
That was not the end of the story. After the incident, Shirley hired an attorney to fight
for the $3,000 unpaid vacation and bonus she claimed Dr. Glabman owed her. She
even filed a claim for unemployment insurance.
A few months after the incident, Dr. Glabman realized that his insurance policy covered
reimbursement for embezzlement. He filed and received a portion of the $10,000 loss.
However, it wasn’t until Dr. Glabman’s insurer sued Shirley for the reimbursement that
he found out that Shirley had declared personal bankruptcy several years earlier. He
also learned that Shirley had a vast amount of debt due to her rich lifestyle consisting of
an expensive car, jewelry and cosmetic surgery.
Question: What could have been done to prevent this scheme from occurring in
the first place, and how could it have been detected earlier
Select a topic for your research paper. It must focus on an element of business administration, accounting, or healthcare administration (depending on your major). It could pertain to management, marketing, human resources, accounting, organizational behavior, entrepreneurship, international business, business ethics, health care administration, etc. When you submit your topic, it should be in APA format and include the following: (1) topic and research question, (2) rationale for selecting the topic, (3) general direction the paper is expected to take, and (4) an explanation of how the topic relates to the field of business administration or accounting, and integration of two of the mercy values and two liberal art disciplines.
the mercy value is mercy, hospitality, justice, and service
my research paper is about big and small business fraud from the employer’s perspective. ill will be writing a 20-page paper for this thesis so make it good, please.
Topic is Amazon
Answer the questions from the image
This link will provide the reports