Your story should address three things:
THE CHALLENGE. Tell about the one BIGGEST obstacle that challenged your success in any life domain. Explain the challenge with enough specific details that readers will know exactly what obstacle you faced. Don’t just say something general such as, I had a problem with math anxiety. Instead, describe the problem as you’d tell a good friend who wants to hear all of the specific details.
THE STRATEGY. Explain in detail how you applied ONE specific Coun C105 strategy to overcome the challenge. Don’t just make generalizations such as, “The class really helped me and now I have no more problems.” Instead, name the particular success strategy from Coun 105 and describe how you used it, again using specific details.
THE OUTCOME. Finally, end by describing what happened after using that strategy. Again, give specific details.
Your essay should also demonstrate the following:
• Read the rubric.
• Must be typed, using Arial or Times New Roman fonts in 12 point with 1 inch margins all around, double spaced.
• Must include a cover page with your name, Instructor’s name, and Title of your Paper)
• Must include a Resources page (you must use at least 2 resources, one of these may be the power points).
• Be detailed, accurate, complete, in complete sentences, and written in your own words.
• Make sure that you use APA style citations when referring to the specific strategy(ies) from the book that you are employing.
• Between 500-800 words (2-5 pages, NOT including Cover and Resources pages)